POSTING DATE: DECEMBER 21, 2018
EQ is seeking Energy Analysts to join our growing team. The Energy Analyst develops and analyzes detailed energy models to advise our clients on optimal performance. We are interested in both new graduates as well as seasoned professionals to fill a number of positions.
· Develop building energy simulations of new construction projects for the purpose of design optimization, energy budgeting, LEED/TGS/EnergyStar compliance, energy code compliance, and procurement of energy efficiency incentives.
· Prepare energy modeling reports and communicate results to clients.
· Support integrated design workshops to evaluate design alternatives in real time.
· Analyze post construction energy consumption data and compare to models.
· Bachelor’s or masters degree in engineering, architecture / building science, or a closely related field.
· 0-10+ years' experience in building energy simulation in a consulting capacity.
· Pursuing professional designation such as P.Eng., CET, BEMP, CEM, or other.
· Experience with energy simulation tools is an asset, particularly eQuest and EnergyPlus.
· LEED® AP BD+C certification or willingness to pursue.
· Experience with AutoCAD and/or Bluebeam is preferred.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Sound problem solving and organizational skills.
· Office environment
· Some out-of-office work may be required
· Office equipment use (computer, copier, etc.)
· Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
While this position will be based in either Vaughan or Toronto, remote working arrangements are an option and we encourage applicants from across Canada. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for green buildings, we want to hear from you. Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title noted in the subject line.